Independent Monthly Service Fee Living
We are now open to the following:
- Deaconesses or missionaries related to the Women’s Division of the Board of Missions of the Methodist Church as of 1964, or a missionary of the Evangelical United Brethren Church commissioned prior to Union in 1968. (Those with more than 15 years of service may be eligible for special rates.)
- Individuals must be at least 62 years of age. If a couple, one must meet one of the criteria below and be at least 62 years of age.
- United Methodist members who have served the church for 10 years.
- Deaconesses, Home Missioners, and Missionaries
- United Methodist Women Staff
- United Methodist Women Directors
- United Methodist Church and Community Workers
- Scarritt-Bennett Colleges/Center personnel and staff
- GBGM mission personnel and staff
- United Methodist National Mission Institution personnel and staff
- Volunteers in Mission personnel and staff
- Volunteers in Mission with 10 or more years of volunteer service
- Church World Services personnel and staff
- Members of other mission Boards with United Methodist relationships
- United Methodist clergy and spouses
- Brooks-Howell staff who worked for Brooks-Howell 10 or more years and retired in good standing.
- Mission personnel from other denominations approved by United Methodist Women Directors on a case-by-case basis.
Submit an Independent Living application to Jill Knight, Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and call Jill at 828-348-7270 for more information. The application will be reviewed by a Brooks-Howell administrative team for eligibility. Applications and recommendations are submitted to the United Methodist Women office in New York for final approval.
Come join us for lunch and a tour! Contact Jill Knight at email@example.com or 828-348-7270.