As a retirement community that was begun for people in mission and ministry, Brooks-Howell offers a unique environment for aging in place. We appreciate that regardless of where we are on our faith journeys, spiritual formation is an integral part of our lives.
Our community offers a variety of opportunities for individual, small group, and large group engagement:
- Our resident and archive libraries house a diverse selection of contemporary and historic books and periodicals.
- A number of groups meet regularly for Bible study and personal discussion.
- Residents read and review books from the United Methodist Women’s reading program.
- We offer an ecumenical chapel service on Thursday afternoons that is open to all residents, family, staff and people from our community.
- We sponsor onsite events as well as attend community faith formation activities.
- Our residents attend a number of churches in the area, including St. Paul’s United Methodist Church which is across the street from our home.