Our Local UMW Connections
Our Global UMW Connections
Brooks-Howell is a non-profit charitable continuing care retirement community originally established as a retirement home for United Methodist deaconesses and missionaries. Our story began with one home, and we have evolved into a community that is loved and supported by United Methodist Women all over the world.
When we visit with UMW groups, we often share how United Methodist Women made our mission journeys possible, not only collectively but also individually. We know that the women who put their faith, hope and love into action are including us in their prayers and their service.
We enjoy connecting with UMW on many levels:
- Receiving cards and letters on our birthdays and holidays
- Inviting visits from UMW members
- Hosting circle and unit meetings
- Touring groups around our home
- Hosting Deaconess/Home Missioner courses and administrative meetings
- Providing space, room and board for UMW district and conference leadership meetings
- Sponsoring UMW events on campus
- Attending UMW unit, district, conference, jurisdictional and assembly events
We are always excited when we get a call from UMW groups who will be in the area and want to stop by. We’ve even had groups as far away as the West Michigan Conference UMW spend a day with us!
Residents and staff also enjoy presenting at UMW events. Please contact us if you are interested in hearing our stories.
Due to privacy concerns, we no longer make our birthday list available via our website, but if you will contact us, we will be glad to email or postal mail it to you.
Visit the Brooks-Howell Home page on the United Methodist Women website.